Sonic internet constantly disconnects with DNS bad gateway, sign in required on my Google Nest Wifi

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by fred09 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:58 pm
Struggling to reconcile issues with my Sonic connection.

Basically connection works completely fine but 2-3 times a day drops out completely across the house. When this happens on chrome I see an error saying "DNS Bad Gateway" error. The WiFi on my Android phone also says "sign in required" ad requires me to toggle the WiFi on and off to get it working again.

I was using a Google WiFi setup and recently switched out for the newer Nest WiFi, both plugged into the standard ugly modem box thing Sonic drops off. The issue occurs across both Google WiFi and nest WiFi, so I'm guessing it's either some connection issue between them or a broader problem I can't diagnose.

If anyone has had this issue and resolved I'd be really grateful to hear more.
by fred09 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:43 pm
Don't want to get ahead of myself but think I answered my own question following the discussion here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15320
by fred09 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:18 pm
Spoke to soon - STILL have these annoying issues!
by fred08 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:10 pm
Couldn't fix this. Back and forth with Sonic and at&t and couldn't fix, so I cancelled my Sonic and moved to Xfinity. Adios Sonic!
4 posts Page 1 of 1