Service in Twin Peaks (San Francisco)

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by garysfski@yahoo.com » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:06 pm
Hello,

I just got off the phone with Charlie in Sales and discussed getting service in our neighborhood. The only choices for high speed internet are Comcast and MonkeyBrains. It is a densely populated neighborhood with potential for lots of business for your company with limited competition. We have Comcast and plan to switch to MonkeyBrains in the next month or so. If you made a pledge to build out in our neighborhood in the near future, I would consider you guys too.

Thank you,
Gary R Herman, CPA
by dane » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:38 am
Today we reach much of SF, but there are regions that are a challenge for us. San Francisco does not allow new utilities to build infrastructure using typical trenchless construction, so in locations where utilities are underground, I'm afraid we're stuck until that's resolved. Tell your Supervisor that you'd like more competitive choices, maybe they can get the policies changed someday.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by reward » Fri May 08, 2020 5:14 pm
Gary, did you make the switch? I just left Sonic after being surrounded by their fiber, yet my side of the block was unable to get it due to back-yard utility poles (which the neighboring blocks don't have). I chose Monkeybrains and went from 10 - 13 Mbps down to 50 - 70 Mbps down. It's not gigabit fiber, alas. But it's also not Comcast or AT&T, which I couldn't stomach.

Like Sonic, Monkeybrains is a supporter of privacy and net neutrality, and locally-owned. I will miss Sonic ... they've been a great provider and I've been happy to be a member and refer friends/family to them.
3 posts Page 1 of 1