Sonic internet usage is up by 25%

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by dane » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:27 am
Twitter is the spot where I publish info like this, here's a link with details, and you can follow me there for updates:

https://twitter.com/dane/status/1240155938193051648
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by joeyyung911 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:03 pm
Comcast suspended their data caps temporarily, which, again, can prove data caps are BS!! (Yes, I know Sonic don't have data caps.)
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
by Sonic Guest » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:39 pm
Thanks for sharing Dane. I understand the red line marks the 95th% but does it mean on Mar 17 you've reached 102.5%? I never looked up what these graphs w/ x% means.
by dane » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:28 am
Sonic Guest wrote:Thanks for sharing Dane. I understand the red line marks the 95th% but does it mean on Mar 17 you've reached 102.5%? I never looked up what these graphs w/ x% means.
It's just the 95th percentile peak of the sample interval. It does not have any bearing on our maximum capacity - nor could this chart indicate that, because it's a summation of all edge traffic: transit (purchased capacity to/from national and international carriers), peering (interconnection with key sources of traffic such as Microsoft, Apple, etc) and CDN (content delivery networks and equipment, such as Netflix, Google/YouTube, Akamai, etc.)

In this chart, it's just a useful visual line to more easily see the changes from day to day.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Anonymous2 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:13 pm
I forgot to thank Sonic last year during the fires. I'm in San Francisco, and wasn't affected. But, appreciated that everything ran smoothly despite the fires up north near your office and where presumably Sonic staff lives. Internet service is even more important right now with the shelter in place. No noticeable impact on service. The fact that other companies are suspending caps just shows that Sonic has the customer's best interest in mind all the time.

This crisis is making a lot of us appreciate certain professions. Delivery men, grocers, and truckers. I admit I don't even think about internet service very often these days because how reliable and stable fiber is. But, you guys are great. Best wishes and hope everyone stays well.
5 posts Page 1 of 1