Can't wait any longer for high speed in Sunnyvale

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1 post Page 1 of 1
by chucko » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:45 am
800/480 kb/s just isn't cutting it any more. We are gritting our teeth and having Comcast install a business setup.

I know it isn't Sonic.net's fault that we can't get better bandwidth over ADSL. Kudos to Sonic's service people for giving it the old college try. We're just too far from the CO, on '50s-era wiring. I'm not even sure AT&T (yecch) has rolled out U-Verse to our neighborhood yet. That leaves us with two choices for high speed access: Comcast, or fixed wireless.

We are going to stay Fusion customers though. I have no intention of moving my web hosting or email to a provider that is part of the Entertainment Copyright Cartel, and likely an unindicted co-conspirator with the NSA. Plus, Fusion phone service rocks. And we're going to need a failover option for when Comcast loses the recipe.

I do hope that Sonic.net is able to run fiber to our neighborhood, and if and when they do, we'll drop Comcast like a hot potato! But we just can't wait around for that eventuality.
1 post Page 1 of 1