Router Makes Internet Unavailable?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by bonburner » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:48 am
Hi guys,

For some reason my desktop's internet doesn't work even though trouble shoot says im connected and everything is the go occasionally.
I can connect online to AOL Instant Messenger and maybe a few random sites like sonic.net BUT i can't connect to things like google.com????
Troubleshoot says nothing is a problem though.

The only way I found a resolution is to Manually restart the Router via unplug and turning it on.
Modem: Siemens SpeedStream 4100
Router: US Robotics MaxG 5461
all connected by wire no wireless - my wireless doesn't seem to have this problem ..

So do you guys think this is a Desktop computer settings or a Router settings problem, and what do you think I should take a look into because I can't seem to find a good reason/cause for this.

Much appreciated guys!
Thanks!

edit: I noticed it happened again after waking my desktop from sleep mode
by theyipper » Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:45 pm
Maybe a DNS resolving problem. What's the DNS addresses you are using on the router?
Is desktop grabbing/using the same DNS from the router?
by desertflyer » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:35 pm
If you pull the router out of the mix and hook directly up to the modem, do you still experience the issue?
by bonburner » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:46 am
I'll run some tests later today .. I don't imagine it being a modem problem .. she's working fine
im assuming its router but I cant seem to pinpoint why its going on nor how to fix it after looking through all config settings ... :oops:
4 posts Page 1 of 1