New~ Weird Down Time Though

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by bonburner » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:00 am
Hey guys, new here.
Just got everything setup and running today 6 mbsp DSL from atnt using Speedstream 4100 modem and USRobotics maxg 5461.

so everything had been running smoothly since this morning around 9 am then around 2:30 my internet just dropped, I had access to a few random internet usages ie. AIM (AOL Instant Messenger), and a few other random sites but i couldn't access google.com and a few others. the worst part was the speed at which everything loaded was down <1 mbps.
I used the CMD to check the ping for google.com and i had sent 4 packets and received 4 packets and lost 0 packets so what gives?
Running the speedtest.net said I was having the same 6 mbsp down speed that i had been getting all day.
So I went on a little expedition to find out: restart router, check router config, restart modem, check modem config yada yada yada.
nothing worked and then around 3 am (now) internet started to behave as normal.

is this something I should be worried about?
by dane » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:22 am
For any troubles with your circuit, you'd want to dial 611 and speak with support. The reps here have access to an extensive set of diagnostic information, and can help resolve the issue or dispatch a repair technician.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1