Looking at switch options

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest123 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:40 pm
We're currently on AT&T and an outside tech visit from a couple weeks ago determined our terrible evening DSL speeds were caused by a congested ATM/OCD. They seem very reluctant to do any network upgrades and was looking to switch, but then I came across this topic
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=38

If we were to switch to Sonic would we experience the same issues since it would still be on AT&Ts infrastructure?
by dane » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:25 pm
If you can't get Fusion, yes, you're likely to experience the same problems on AT&T DSL, whichever ISP you choose, from ATT/Yahoo (their sister company) to Earthlink, Sonic.net, etc.

If you can get Fusion, that's our network, and you should switch immediately. And then tell all your neighbors to switch. And co-workers. ;)

-dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by bobrk » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:33 pm
Hmmm. Seems like when all my neighbors report an AT&T outage, my Sonic is always working. I guess it's the servers they're talking about not the network infrastructure.
by Guest » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:24 pm
dane wrote:If you can't get Fusion, yes, you're likely to experience the same problems on AT&T DSL, whichever ISP you choose, from ATT/Yahoo (their sister company) to Earthlink, Sonic.net, etc.

If you can get Fusion, that's our network, and you should switch immediately. And then tell all your neighbors to switch. And co-workers. ;)

-dane
:/ Being in SoCal I am out of luck. But things are looking good for your fiber service up there. Keep up the good work and hurry up in expanding down here. I'm sure many are looking to cut the AT&T and cable cord. FIOS also needs some friendly competition. :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1