Fiber in San Mateo

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
66 posts Page 4 of 7
by jonocampo » Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:08 pm
Just adding my experience:

I got Sonic Fiber in San Carlos earlier this year in February. I got a lot of the same emails people are quoting here until one day the technicians were onsite and running the fiber to my apt. I'm in ISP heaven!

950Mbps down and up. Download drops 10-20% during peak hours, but upload remains constantly above 950 no matter what time. I think I've had one unplanned outage this year? and it was back up within an hour. Just once, that's it.
by bjeung » Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:02 pm
Dane or someone at Sonic,

I had a pre-order for my office in San Mateo and it was cancelled due to construction issues. Apparently there are one more poles that won't work for Sonic to deliver service. Where can I get more specifics so I can try leaning on PGE to resolve?
by dane » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:22 am
bjeung wrote:Dane or someone at Sonic,

I had a pre-order for my office in San Mateo and it was cancelled due to construction issues. Apparently there are one more poles that won't work for Sonic to deliver service. Where can I get more specifics so I can try leaning on PGE to resolve?
I'll check with engineering.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by aurimas » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:37 pm
Are there any updates for Sonic's own fiber lines in Hillsdale area of San Mateo? I'd love to be able to move away from using AT&T as a backend for my Sonic internet.
by dane » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:27 pm
aurimas wrote:Are there any updates for Sonic's own fiber lines in Hillsdale area of San Mateo? I'd love to be able to move away from using AT&T as a backend for my Sonic internet.
The various distribution areas there are scheduled for dates between March and July of this year. We're making progress!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by bjeung » Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:01 pm
dane wrote:

Any luck on this front? For the record, the address in question is 116 E 25TH AVE in San Mateo. The address on this account I'm logged into is my home address which also has a pre-order although I'm concerned that my fiber map shows Sonic stopping 2 houses away. Hope I don't have a pole issue here as well.
by nikkietweety1218 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:30 am
bjeung wrote:
dane wrote:

Any luck on this front? For the record, the address in question is 116 E 25TH AVE in San Mateo. The address on this account I'm logged into is my home address which also has a pre-order although I'm concerned that my fiber map shows Sonic stopping 2 houses away. Hope I don't have a pole issue here as well.
I second this, I'm in the 94080 area, literally blocks away from Oysterpoint and I cannot stand AT&T as the backbone.
by dane » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:02 pm
nikkietweety1218 wrote:
I second this, I'm in the 94080 area, literally blocks away from Oysterpoint and I cannot stand AT&T as the backbone.
We cover much of South San Francisco today, but all of the network is located to the West of Hwy 101.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by sockcheng » Sat Mar 05, 2022 9:37 pm
We received a notice from Elite Underground that they will be doing construction work to install communication conduit. This is for the Alameda-39th-Edison-42nd-Pacific Blvd neighborhood. I see that some roadsides are blocked off from parking starting next week. Dare I hope that they laying the communication conduit for Sonic?
by dane » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:46 pm
sockcheng wrote:We received a notice from Elite Underground that they will be doing construction work to install communication conduit. This is for the Alameda-39th-Edison-42nd-Pacific Blvd neighborhood. I see that some roadsides are blocked off from parking starting next week. Dare I hope that they laying the communication conduit for Sonic?
I don't know for sure, but that company name doesn't ring a bell for me as one of our contractors. You could contact them via the info on that notice and ask which public utility they are building for.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
66 posts Page 4 of 7