Will Sonic upgrade DSLAMs to VDSL2? (if not already done?)

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
234 posts Page 24 of 24
by torstenb » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:13 pm
ulliu wrote:Hi,

I just recently got my new Sonic Fusion installed and my connection is 1083kbps up and 14783kbps down. My ZIP code is 94010 and I would be interested to switch to your faster VDSL product.

What is the process and does it cost more than my current service?

Thank you.
You can save yourself the time for a call 'cause it's not available at 94010 yet. Disappointing.
by claykeer4 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:14 pm
rawcolors wrote:The only problem that I can see with the ZyXEL Q1000Z modem is that there might be settings specific to CenturyLink that are locked. ZyXEL P-871M and Huawei HG610 both run Broadcom chipsets, which should be compatible with the equipment at the central office.
Disclaimer: I have not tested these modems.
I recently accepted Sonic's Fusion VDSL upgrade. I am using a Zhone 6712-W1-NA modem, in my case it worked out-of-the box, in VDSL/PTM mode. See more info at this post if interested:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2826&start=10#p23041
by Guest » Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:21 pm
dane wrote:The migration from ADSL2+ to VDSL2 is a "frame re-wire", it's all done in the central office. And, that's one discrete workflow, and it needs to be completed before we can assign a second port on that card, deploy a new pair, etc. So, I'm afraid for now at least, it's two processes, two support interactions, etc.

Over time, as we continue to streamline operations for efficiency, we may take up merging these two processes into a single work flow, but for now our teams are totally booked up with other work around FTTN, Fiber, etc.
This post was from June...have you been able to "streamline operations for efficiency" in the time since that was the "state of the art" for migrations? Are your teams still totally booked up?
by dinopanagiotopoulos » Fri May 13, 2016 1:33 pm
Hi Sonic Team,

Just wondering if there is an ETA on VDSL upgrades in Burlingame. The website shows availability but when I tried to order, the CSR stated that it is currently not available. This could be because it was not upgraded yet or the CO is out of capacity.

Thanks!
234 posts Page 24 of 24