some kind of fiber project in upper rockridge?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by astrorob » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:15 pm
Hi all,

it looks like someone is pulling fiber (or at least conduit) up and down broadway terrace between highway 13 and clarewood dr. (where the village market is.) they are also burying conduit up clarewood itself. about a year ago, i noticed that there was a giant loop of fiber hanging from a pole at the top of clarewood - maybe the intention is to connect that with what they are burying on clarewood.

the permit records in accela give the name of the contractor as mastec, which is a company that i believe has worked on ATT's behalf in the past.

so - i assume given the scope and style of what they are doing (some serious trenching) that this is not sonic's project. however, i wonder if dane or anyone else here has any visibility into this since sonic resells ATT's fiber. could this mean ATT fiber is coming to the rest of the claremont pines area (finally?)

thanks,

rob
by dane » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:45 am
I’d guess that’s for a cellular carrier.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by astrorob » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:20 pm
ah, so 5g related possibly. it's true that i don't see any PFPs being built though the permits make reference to underground "handholds", whatever those are.

thanks Dane.
3 posts Page 1 of 1