Fusion Broadband slowness between ATT and Sonic

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by jeffchan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:31 pm
I've got Fusion Broadband from Sonic through AT&T. Today, interactive sessions were a bit laggy, and the Sonic speedtest is much slower than my line speed. Speed test in the AT&T modem portal shows full speed, basically unchanged from when it was installed 5 months ago. Using beta.speedtest.net to an AT&T test server shows full speed. Using beta.speedtest.net to the Sonic San Jose server (which is my physically nearest server) shows the slow download speed again. Upload speeds are normal. Only download is slow, about 5% of full speed.

I am not using a VPN and all of my LAN traffic goes through my local, separate firewall box. I can see the speed tests in traffic graphs on the firewall, and there is basically no traffic other than the speed tests (so no high traffic malware, botnets, peer to peer, network backups, dropbox, onedrive, etc. running on the network).

It looks like slowness in the network between ATT broadband and Sonic at San Jose.
by jeffchan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:05 pm
Speeds returned to normal last last night, but are slow again today. Feels like network congestion between AT&T VDSL2 and Sonic in San Jose.
by tony.b » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:47 am
Hey there Jeff,
Thank you for posting on here and bringing these abnormal speed drops over the speed test to my attention.
I have been looking into the issues on my side and I just left a voicemail for you to call me back so we can do a couple more tests and then see how to best get this resolved.
I appreciate you taking the time to post this on our forums, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Tony
Sonic Supervisor
by jeffchan » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:00 pm
Hi Tony,
Speed to Sonic seems normal again. Network congestion seems fixed. I called in and Rex is letting you know too. Should be ok to close the ticket. Will let you guys know if things get slow again. Thanks to the network guys for fixing it.
4 posts Page 1 of 1