North Beach / Russian Hill -- Fiber Update Request

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by Chris K » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:49 pm
Hi Dane!

It's been about six months since I pre-ordered gigabit fiber. According to the monthly updates, engineering was supposed to start in the "winter", but the messages seem to have gotten less specific in the past couple of months. We've had new poles installed on our street this year, and I've seen AT&T's fiber lines nearby. Seems like things are about ready.

Can we please get details on when service will be available in the northern neighborhoods of San Francisco? Thanks!

Thanks,
Chris
by guest26 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:05 pm
I preordered in March, I'm in Russian Hill, I'd like a detailed update too. Last update was that my area is in "pre-engineering phase", dec update. Haven't seen any work done in my area yet. Hope engineering starts soon.
by dane » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:44 pm
They are engaged in engineering now, but construction hasn't yet begun. We've got a very soft estimate date of 3Q of 2020 at this point - that may shift though based upon a whole host of factors that we don't fully control, so FYI.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by luminno » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:26 pm
Any news on availability for Sonic Gigabit Fiber in North Beach, SF? With COIVD and everyone online at home we're looking to upgrade but as of yet the best we can get is Fusion X2. Would love to know an approximate ETA on Gigabit Fiber in our neighborhood.
by anthony.n » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:00 pm
We are currently working with the city to obtain permits so we can move onto the Construction phase of this fiber build. We expect you will begin seeing our crew this Fall, sometime soon.
5 posts Page 1 of 1