suggestions while waiting for fiber in Grand Lake Area

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by gacevedobolton » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:47 pm
Hi everyone,
Not sure this is the correct forum, but my Sonic DSL (with max rate of 4 Mbs down/ 0.6 up) is not cutting it anymore. Sonic isn't offering the sped up flavors of DSL in my neighborhood anymore, and I have no idea if fiber will ever make it here. I am sad about the thought of leaving Sonic, I love the service (privacy, VPN, no data caps), lab features such as fax, the home phone line, and their philosophy, but DSL isn't an option anymore. Anyone have recommendations on the least crappy alternatives to Sonic in the Oakland area? I would jump back as soon as Sonic offered something faster than what I have now, but if going geographically, it seems that Sonic is at least a year away (optimistic estimate) from getting fiber in our area if at all.

Thanks in advance
by kyle.depasquale » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:14 am
Much of the Grand Lake area has at least FTTN service, if not full-fledged ATT fiber. If you log into your member portal and go to your connection -> Upgrade do you have any options available to you?
by gacevedobolton » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:20 pm
Thanks for the response. My situation is a bit confusing. I've had DSL since 2011. When I log into my account and select the upgrade service option (or whatever that menu is called) I am informed that there are no upgrade options available to me. However, if I try a different unit in my building, the repackaged AT&T option is available. I called customer service last month or the one before, and was told there were no upgrade options available at that time as well.
by kyle.depasquale » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:45 pm
Oh, that is really odd. That sounds like it might be worth escalation to someone who can do a bit more research into your specific address.
4 posts Page 1 of 1