No Internet once converted from Fusion to Gigabyte Fiber

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by grace256 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:06 pm
Greetings friends,

On Sunday, my service was upgraded to Sonic Gigabyte Fiber, which is quite swift and awesome. Except…

Most of my devices go into a status of “Connected. No Internet” when I attempt to activate WiFi. This is also true of my iMac desktop: it connects fine over the Ethernet connection, but cannot access the Internet over WiFi.

I have now researched the WiFi capabilities of my devices re: using 802.11ac router. All connected fine to prior service. May be able to connect if router were set to 802.11ac/n

Here are my devices:
OK over Ethernet
-Mac14,1, running OSCatalina, version 10.15

Connect to WiFi, but unable to access Internet
  • - MacBook (13-inch, mid 2010), running OS High Sierra, version 10.13.6 — this device also does not connect to Internet using ethernet.
    - Google Nexus 6, running Android version 5.1.1
    - iPod model MD717LL/A, running version 9.3.5 (13G36)
    - Apple iPad 9.7" with WiFi 32G, 2017 model, running iPadOS 13.1
I've passed beyond my level of comprehension searching via Google -- and most info has to do with Enterprise-level networks. Does anyone have any experience with setting up 802.11ac, ac/n, or ax over any these devices? I would hate to have to return to Fusion service. :|
by Larns576 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:24 am
Are those wireless devices still connecting to the old router? Make sure the old router is disconnected and unplugged.

If you are still using the old wifi ssid/pw on the new router, your wireless devices should connect automatically. If not, you'd have to login to the new wifi.

If still not working, maybe give support a call. They may be able to walk you thru some troubleshooting steps
by grace256 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:25 pm
Thanks for your input. The Sonic techs took the old router with them. The new 802.11ac router has a new ssid and password -- it actually has 2 ssids, one for 2.4G and one for 5G. My equipment connects to the router fine. Diagnostics show that no connection is being made to DNS service. Odd that it's connecting through ethernet.

I have a request in to the Sonic techs, but I think they're offline with the Kincaid fire. Hopefully I'll connect with them soon.
by drew.phillips » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:42 pm
Hi grace256,

I responded to the email ticket that you had submitted regarding this issue. I performed a reset on our end which I hope can resolve the issue.

I noticed something else after submitting my first response, so look out for both replies from us. Hopefully the issue will be resolved when you're able to check.

Thank you for your patience and understanding regarding our delayed response times due to the fires.
Drew Phillips
Programmer / System Operations, Sonic.net
4 posts Page 1 of 1