Is there an Outage in SF (Inner Sunset)?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by alexleigh » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:01 am
Is there an Outage in SF (Inner Sunset.
I've not had service for several days, I assumed the problem was due to the fires, so I let it slide.
BUT
there is no mention of this on Sonic's website.

SO can someone please pipe in to let me know if this is area wide or not?

THANKS
by ozone » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:40 am
Sonic’s Technical Support team is currently operating on a skeleton crew due to our home down being under evacuation orders as a result of the spread of the Kincade fire. As a result our Technical Support department is unable to respond to incoming calls. We are handling customer issues via tickets as quickly and accurately as we can.

To create a Technical Support ticket please email support@sonic.com. We will be resuming regular operations as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

~Sonic
by larns576 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:56 pm
Since its been a few days and there's11111 no mention of it at https://sonicstatus.com I would call support.

You can also pre-troubleshoot before you call by unplugging the ONT for 30sec and then replugging it to reboot. Do the same for the router afterwards. If it still doesn't work, I would definitely call support.
by amayfield » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:03 am
There isn't a report of an outage in the Sunset. Are you still experiencing connectivity issues? Typically a good first step in troubleshooting is to reboot / powercycle the router and the ONT. Give that a try and if you still don't have a connection let us know.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1