Incorrectly charged 28 months of "Fusion Fiber RG Rental".

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
11 posts Page 2 of 2
by jiachen118 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:08 am
dane wrote:
jiachen118 wrote:Hey everybody, thanks for all the replies! I only have the white box by sonic that is mounted on the wall (No Wifi, just power, ethernet port, phone port, and sonic fiber cable port).
I just got billed the same charge even after I called in customer support and figured I should come back to the forums to double-check. Any way this can be fixed? Customer support over the phone basically never even took off the rental charge even after I called in.
Just to clarify, I do not current;y have any sonic rental routers and I've never had one since the beginning of service. JUST the modem (Small white box).
Our records indicate that when the fiber service was installed, it was deployed with a Sonic Pace 5268AC router and WiFi gateway, which has been on your account ever since. We have no record of that equipment being returned, or any request to do so.

Is it possible that you replaced it with your own router at some point but did not contact us? I see that there is a Netgear device connected on your side now, when did you connect that?
To my knowledge, I've never used that a router wifi box before. I used to have an older Netgear router but later upgraded to this other Netgear router a year ago. If I remember correctly, the installation technician never gave me the option to use a sonic provided router since I had my own router from the start. That's why only the white box (modem) was installed.
11 posts Page 2 of 2