Possible PG&E outage

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
14 posts Page 2 of 2
by JVall » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:25 pm
All my neighbors with Comcast have been without phone, TV, and internet access for a couple of days. I have Fusion DSL/pots and I have been doing just fine (I have a battery backup and a small generator.) Cell phone service is almost non-existent...it was fine for about 12 hours after the shutdown, but I assume the tower batteries have now died.
Of course, I have no TV either but I have lots of shows on TiVo and I can still stream whatever I want. My Internet access may not be as fast as Comcast, but it is certainly more reliable in situations like this.
by SR403 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:09 pm
So my power came on in Santa Rosa around 6:30 PM today. I’ve got AT&T fiber resold by Sonic. Anyone else with a similar situation having connectivity issues? I run a speed test with great gigabit speed and then shortly after it doesn’t seem to work. Websites will load with only some of the images.

What’s interesting is that I’ve got movies on a hard drive on my Apple TV and am having issues watching those, it’s almost equally intermittent. It goes hard drive -> usb->Mac -> Ethernet->AT&T router ->different Ethernet ->Apple TV. Any way to tell if the AT&T router got damaged through some sort of surge with the power coming back on?

When I log in with the router’s IP address it sometimes lists the broadband connection as down. And running the Speedtest from within the router it sometimes couldn’t do it because it said it couldn’t connect. I can’t seem to figure it out!
by Tanner707 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:59 am
I live in the 95409 area near Brush creek and Badger rd. My internet has been down since the power outage. Power came back on Thursday evening and my pace RG 5268AC is blinking red on broadband 1 and 2. Multiple calls to tech support with no answers only told that a ticket would be submitted to att for att to look into the issue. Its Sunday morning and still no internet no call from att or sonic, no estimate on when I will have internet back. I rely on internet service to communicate with my cell phone as cell service at my home is spotty at best. Can anyone give me some sort of clue as to what is going on and when I can expect to get my internet back up and running?
by amayfield » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:41 am
@Tanner707 Are you still having connectivity issues? Let me know, either by responding here or via PM and I'll make sure to get a dispatch scheduled for you.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
14 posts Page 2 of 2