OpenFiber.net vs. Sonic.net (in North Fair Oaks near Menlo Park)?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
13 posts Page 2 of 2
by davej » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:26 pm
It says I can pre-order, which I did in June. But this week the "Help" chat person said it isn't and won't be.

Will Sonic fiber be available on 6th Ave, Menlo Park (near Middlefield)? Can you estimate when? You have great reviews, and better pricing.
by dane » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:21 am
davej wrote:It says I can pre-order, which I did in June. But this week the "Help" chat person said it isn't and won't be.

Will Sonic fiber be available on 6th Ave, Menlo Park (near Middlefield)? Can you estimate when? You have great reviews, and better pricing.
Well that's very odd, because our reps would be seeing the exact same qualification results that you are, for your address. If it shows you Sonic Fiber is coming, they should see the same thing.

Currently that region is expected to be live in the second half of next year. I can't really be too precise at this point because there are so many variables in the construction process.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Genie » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:27 pm
dane wrote: Currently that region is expected to be live in the second half of next year. I can't really be too precise at this point because there are so many variables in the construction process.
This is good to know. As someone on 7th Ave, it looks like i'll get off Comcast for Openfiber for now, but keep the Sonic pre-order and swap once that's available. Was hoping Sonic would be available sooner, but with it still being about 6+ months out, don't really want to wait that long.
13 posts Page 2 of 2