Edge of service area

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by connorhd » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:55 pm
I'm moving to a new address that appears to be right on the edge of the Sonic fiber service area - if I check availability at my new address it says not available, however if I check an address across the street it is. I think this is because I am on the edge of an area with above ground utility poles.

However, there is already cabling from my address to the same utility pole used by other addresses which have sonic fiber availability. I was hoping this means that sonic can actually be installed at my address and just needs to be added to the service area, not sure if this is possible or has happened anywhere else?

I'm really hoping I don't have to lose access to sonic when I move, thanks for reading!
by dane » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:50 pm
If you’re served by the same pole, this could be a field survey issue in our engineering. Send the new address and any additional details such as a photo of the pole or sketch of how service is delivered to the premise, to support@sonic.net and they can route to engineering for review.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1