Motorola 3347NWG-006 Modem

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by VT » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:20 pm
Hello,

I wonder if someone here has had luck getting the Motorola/Netopia 3347NWG-006 DSL Modem/Gateway to work with sonic service. If so, would you please let me know how you did that?

Thanks,

VT
by tjj » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:03 pm
I think the setting that you are looking for is listed here: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r246981 ... 347NWG-006

It needs to be set for bridged mode with 0/35 for the VPI/VCI and not 8/35 like the forum says.

Someone may have a better link or instructions, but that is what I could find.
Tage J.
Sonic.net Customer Support
by Guest » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:38 pm
Hi Tage,

Thanks for the link. That's correct, I managed to get close enough to the right place in the Netopia configuration panel, then I was able to get help from Sonic support. The Control panel is at 192.168.1.254

So, good news as this modem is great. The wireless connection is rock solid, at least for my location. If anyone is considering buying one, the -006 version is pre-configured for BellSouth and at first it will seem impossible to change that, but all references to BellSouth are now gone from my setup panel. I also updated the firmware by installing the generic firmware that I got from the Motorola web page for the non 006 version. Here is a brief summary of what I used (Instructions are from Sonic.net support):

DHCP must be on (Direct IP)
PPP must be off
LLC/SNAP
Encapsulation RFC-1483 Bridged Ethernet
VPI=0
VCI=35

I left NAT on, but have no idea if it needs to be on.

VT
3 posts Page 1 of 1