outlook 2010 / microsoft hosted

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by matthias.huber » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:56 pm
hello smart people out there...

i am running into an issue and not quite sure where to go next...
the situation: Widnows 7 pro, Outlook 2010 (cached mode), mail hosted by Microsoft
the issue:
after a few minutes, when sending mail, nothing actually gets sent, outlook does not complain (thinks all is updated)
i can receive mails, but not send... it works again for a few minutes when i close and restart outlook...
this happens over WIFI and wired network..

i do not see this problem when on other networks.... (like airports etc)

my IT reloaded my cached email, but that did not fix it...

any suggestions?

thx
matthias
by kavan » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:56 pm
In the file menu to options there is a send receive section. I wouldn't expect it to be set up incorrectly if it works normally on other networks but worth a check. If you hold ctrl and right click on the outlook icon in the system tray there is a connection status option that should say established for all the connections if things are working correctly. Do the items remain in the outbox and it says "this folder is up to date" when selected?
by matthias.huber » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:30 am
hello kavan
it works normally on other networks (such as SFO pubic wifi),
the items remain in the outbox and it says "this folder is up to date"
the issue seems to be getting worse, i used to be able to send for a few minutes after i launch outlook, now it won't do anything...
by kavan » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:55 am
Although they don't really describe the problem the same there is a rather long thread with a lot of potential solutions at <http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/offi ... acc61b1305>

It appears the most common cause/solution is antivirus software and removing/disabling it.
4 posts Page 1 of 1