Options for Sonic.net service? Are my price quotes correct?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by MathanBear » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:41 pm
Hello.

I currently have AT&T U-Verse DSL (over copper lines) in my building, with a speed of 3 Mbps down and 512 kbps up, The phone line this runs on is a measured rate line with limited outbound calls and the Lifeline discount, costing about $3.72 per month for the phone line and $26.00 per month on the DSL line, at least until November, then it goes up to $41.00 per month.

By my estimate, Sonic.net will cost me about $59.11 per month - $39.95/mo for the DSL, $6.50 for the forced equipment rental with no option to buy my own equipment, and $12.66 in (San Francisco) voice line taxes.

Is this correct? Can my Lifeline discount be transferred to reduce the price?
by Guest » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:51 pm
FYI: various taxes and fees imposed (by government?) for landline access are ~$10 - add that to your estimate
by jmunowitch » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:41 am
Guest wrote:FYI: various taxes and fees imposed (by government?) for landline access are ~$10 - add that to your estimate
It looks like it was already added to MathanBear's estimate:
MathanBear wrote:$12.66 in (San Francisco) voice line taxes.
by thulsa_doom » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:45 am
MathanBear wrote:Hello.

I currently have AT&T U-Verse DSL (over copper lines) in my building, with a speed of 3 Mbps down and 512 kbps up, The phone line this runs on is a measured rate line with limited outbound calls and the Lifeline discount, costing about $3.72 per month for the phone line and $26.00 per month on the DSL line, at least until November, then it goes up to $41.00 per month.

By my estimate, Sonic.net will cost me about $59.11 per month - $39.95/mo for the DSL, $6.50 for the forced equipment rental with no option to buy my own equipment, and $12.66 in (San Francisco) voice line taxes.

Is this correct? Can my Lifeline discount be transferred to reduce the price?
The Sonic.net price quote looks correct. We have no Universal Lifeline equivalent.
John Fitzgerald
Sonic Technical Support
4 posts Page 1 of 1