Fiber installation: Technician no-show again ++

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
33 posts Page 2 of 4
by karthik » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:08 pm
Thank you Dan. Look forward to hearing from you.
by dct » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:04 am
Anothermissedappt wrote:Same here, in San Leandro. Missed appointment today, with tone deaf happy messages from SONIC saying they hope everything is going smoothly.

I had to take off work for this, and I fear rescheduling will only result in the same experience. Considering the amount of work I'm missing, it's turning into a very expensive alternative to Comcast and ATT. Another missed appointment or two and I'll just have to bite the bullet and go with a company that can do the job.
Can you send me a PM with your account details or contact information?
Dan T.
Community & Escalations Manager
707-547-3400
@Sonic
by wokuwoku » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:37 am
Same issue here, in Daly City Area. This is the second missed appointment. Very disappointed as I took days off both days. Sonic needs to do something to improve the installation experience. As of this moment I am still waiting for Sonic to tell me whenever the tech will show up or not
by obake1 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:46 am
I honestly don't think sonic can do much here. They are essentially in the same shoes we are...both at the mercy of AT&T. I'm pretty sure AT&T is just feeding sonic dates that they show as "available", but in reality just can't commit to and sonic doesn't have much choice but to just believe them.

Tomorrow is attempt number 4 for me, which is actually better since for some reason I got a weekend install attempt. Will see how it goes, but after two escalations, I really hope they show up.
by oaklander » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:39 pm
I had a similar experience this past week. My install was originally scheduled for Monday, with an AT&T no show. It was rescheduled to Friday, and AT&T came a bit after 3:00 PM, surveyed the site, and said it would be a bit more work than they thought, and rescheduled. I had taken time off work for both days, and was pretty close to canceling. Last night I got a call from one of the AT&T surveyors, who said they had an install in the area today, and they may be able to come by. Lo an behold, I now have gigabit service installed, thank goodness. While I am very glad to have this installed, had it not been for some luck, I'd have needed to take a third day from work. I understand this isn't necessarily under Sonic's control, but still a bit of a rough start.
by obake1 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:09 pm
4th missed appointment and counting for me. Don't really know what else I can do at this rate except keep trying, but it's becoming just flat out ridiculous. I even thought that getting a Saturday install would be a good sign since I was told ATT doesn't work installs on Saturdays, but nope, another 8 hour window...another no show.
by jesssse » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:42 pm
Today was the last straw for me. I got an 8 hour window which was ignored by AT&T, and I'm again waiting for an install. I'm going to call and cancel. What a huge waste of time. I needed service yesterday, and it looks like it's simply not going to happen. Thanks Sonic, for nothing.

Perhaps set expectations better or at least break off your partnership with AT&T? If you can't provide the service in a decent amount of time, then what's the point?
by obake1 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:43 pm
Unfortunately for me, I have no choice. This is my only option for fiber and I have to get it no matter how long it takes. Fortunately, my current fusion service is fine, so I am not without service, this would just be a massive upgrade for what is pretty much the same cost. This latest information about needing to access the neighbor's yard is completely new to me and I have no idea when out of the 4 installs they actually tried, if they even did.

My issue here is the radio silence from AT&T to sonic and myself. Every install day I have no idea what's going to happen and neither does sonic because AT&T won't communicate with them. Like, you can't give me an excuse that you can't access the neighbor's premise, when none of them was communicated to me to begin with and there was no attempt to call me when they were at the premise at whichever attempt that was...which was probably a lie to be honest. In fact, AT&T didn't even tell sonic WHICH neighbor I need to talk to. Is it my neighbor on the left or the right? Are they going to show up if I tell my neighbor this? I am not going to tell my neighbor to wait 8 hours to get ghosted and I am not going to sit on my curb for 8 hours to watch for AT&T to come since they can't make a simple phone call or ring my doorbell.
by kenichikun » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:16 pm
Hello,

I called in the beginning of July when they offered Fiber in my area, in Daly City and I had to wait almost a month for them to schedule me an appointment. On August 9,2019 a AT&T tech was suppose to come and install fiber but they never showed up. I called multiple times but I couldn't get a straight answer as to why they never came. I was really annoyed and angry that I took the day off from work and wasted a whole day waiting for nothing. They reschedule me for another installation this Thursday 8/15/19 and they initially gave the time window from 11am-1pm. Than around 8pm i get a text message from sonic, my installation time window is now 8am-4pm. I don't understand why they decided to change my time window. It makes me worry that I was shuffle to the bottom of the list again and there will be another no show. I dont want to waste another day taking off from work and they never show up again. Is there any way to get some confirmation they will show up?
by obake1 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:52 pm
kenichikun wrote:Hello,

I called in the beginning of July when they offered Fiber in my area, in Daly City and I had to wait almost a month for them to schedule me an appointment. On August 9,2019 a AT&T tech was suppose to come and install fiber but they never showed up. I called multiple times but I couldn't get a straight answer as to why they never came. I was really annoyed and angry that I took the day off from work and wasted a whole day waiting for nothing. They reschedule me for another installation this Thursday 8/15/19 and they initially gave the time window from 11am-1pm. Than around 8pm i get a text message from sonic, my installation time window is now 8am-4pm. I don't understand why they decided to change my time window. It makes me worry that I was shuffle to the bottom of the list again and there will be another no show. I dont want to waste another day taking off from work and they never show up again. Is there any way to get some confirmation they will show up?
Nope, this friday is my 5th attempt and I have no assurance they will show up either this time from 9-11am. The instant 11am passes and if there isn't anyone here, I'm calling in again and reporting the 5th missed commit.

There is pretty much no list, you just have to get lucky it seems.
33 posts Page 2 of 4