Fiber installation: Technician no-show again ++

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
33 posts Page 3 of 4
by wokuwoku » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:51 am
kenichikun wrote:Hello,

I called in the beginning of July when they offered Fiber in my area, in Daly City and I had to wait almost a month for them to schedule me an appointment. On August 9,2019 a AT&T tech was suppose to come and install fiber but they never showed up. I called multiple times but I couldn't get a straight answer as to why they never came. I was really annoyed and angry that I took the day off from work and wasted a whole day waiting for nothing. They reschedule me for another installation this Thursday 8/15/19 and they initially gave the time window from 11am-1pm. Than around 8pm i get a text message from sonic, my installation time window is now 8am-4pm. I don't understand why they decided to change my time window. It makes me worry that I was shuffle to the bottom of the list again and there will be another no show. I dont want to waste another day taking off from work and they never show up again. Is there any way to get some confirmation they will show up?
Please keep us posted on how that goes. I live in Daly City too and my "third" installation appointment is scheduled on 8/30/2019 8 - 4
by obake1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:59 am
5th install attempt also missed. I also discussed with my neighbor about access to their yard as I was informed to do. This is becoming more comical than it is frustrating.

I got a call from sonic support saying AT&T is no longer taking/accepting escalations and outright denying requests for install misses and things weren't looking good for today...can't say I'm surprised there.

Also, I can't reschedule at a date of my choosing either because apparently they don't schedule out so far in advance. I only wanted a week out. They said they would have to cancel my order and re-order it.
by larns576 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:30 pm
Just an idea, if you already have the fiber drop and the ONT from a prior ATT install, can Sonic just send you a modem and the user do a self install?
by obake1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:15 pm
Well, a tech came...at 4:30ish, however he mentioned what seemed like he received the wrong info in terms of address of where the infrastructure is (he was across the street for some reason) and basically couildn't do anything really today in terms of wiring. I had to leave anyway and just told him I'd reschedule something later...but he did say he was putting some info in and passing it along to what I assume is provisioning to get the right info. No idea how long this will take anyway, but I requested a reschedule next Thurs or Fri.
by karthik » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:43 pm
An example of why Sonic is just as bad as AT&T at dealing with this.

After a nice email from the community relations manager apologizing (as promised earlier in this thread), and offering up this weekend for a rescheduled appointment, I've sent 5 emails and 3 voicemails to him back to him over the course of many days with zero response. While I appreciated the initial email, it's frustrating when replies to it go unacknowledged.

I've called the Sonic helpdesk 7 times over the same period indicating that rescheduled date on 8/21 doesn't work for me, and each time here's the response from the Sonic help desk:
1. "We need to open a ticket to have the AT&T Escalations Team handle this"
2. (Text message a few hours later): "Your rescheduled appointment has been confirmed for 8/21"

Apparently the Sonic team handling escalations to AT&T is just as bad as AT&T because they don't seem to understand when I tell them I'm not able to accommodate 8/21, yet they insist on continuing to confirm 8/21 as the date for the next to-be-flaked-on appointment by AT&T.

What a circus!!
by Matoda » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:06 pm
Similar experience here - 2 no shows. Today was the 3rd scheduled appointment with the same 8-4 window. Not a peep all day but finally at 3:40, the doorbell rings and it’s the AT&T technician. Installation complete about 2 hours later. I’m currently only getting half the speed I’m paying for, but that’s another thread.
by kenichikun » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:40 am
wokuwoku wrote:
kenichikun wrote:Hello,

I called in the beginning of July when they offered Fiber in my area, in Daly City and I had to wait almost a month for them to schedule me an appointment. On August 9,2019 a AT&T tech was suppose to come and install fiber but they never showed up. I called multiple times but I couldn't get a straight answer as to why they never came. I was really annoyed and angry that I took the day off from work and wasted a whole day waiting for nothing. They reschedule me for another installation this Thursday 8/15/19 and they initially gave the time window from 11am-1pm. Than around 8pm i get a text message from sonic, my installation time window is now 8am-4pm. I don't understand why they decided to change my time window. It makes me worry that I was shuffle to the bottom of the list again and there will be another no show. I dont want to waste another day taking off from work and they never show up again. Is there any way to get some confirmation they will show up?
Please keep us posted on how that goes. I live in Daly City too and my "third" installation appointment is scheduled on 8/30/2019 8 - 4
So a AT&T tech was able to come to my house and install fiber internet to my house on that Thursday. This was the reschedule date they picked for me on the second attempt. Hopefully a tech arrives for you too.
by obake1 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:44 am
I'm currently awaiting attempt number 6, but it seems like all the infomation from previous tech coming out is lost or something because the ticket he put in about wrong info is resolved, but I haven't heard anything as a follow up to that, so I am pretty much back to square one.
by wokuwoku » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:22 pm
Third missed appointment...sigh
by Hothotheat » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:26 am
If you don't mind me asking, which part of Daly City are you in? I'm also in Daly City (close to Westmoor HS) but not seeing any Fiber (Gigabit) availability.
33 posts Page 3 of 4