Whois info

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by Addam » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:19 pm
Hi all,

I need your help. I want to signup for sonic.net and need static ip addresses. My question is related to a whois search on my ip address. If there are any of you current subscribers can do me a favor and do a arin.org whois search on your static ip and tell me if your home address is listed there. My problem is I am a current subscriber to comcast with static ip's and upon a whois report my home address is listed to everyone. For a business to show the address is fine, but a residence?

Thanks all
by klui » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:49 pm
Maybe you meant arin.net? I just checked my parents' Fusion static IP and it doesn't show the subscriber address, just Sonic's corporate address.
by toast0 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:23 pm
My Legacy DSL with 8 static ips also shows sonic's information on whois (but most of my ips have my domain as reverse DNS, and I don't do whois privacy on my domains, so my home address is there). I'm not sure if there are cases where they delegate (maybe for larger subnets)
by Guest » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:56 pm
The WHOIS server at ARIN lists only Sonic.net's allocations, but Sonic.net runs a referral whois (rwhois) server, rwhois://rwhois.sonic.net:4321, that reveals more information about assignments to individual customers. For the Fusion DSL at my home, it says "Private Customer - Sonic.net" and includes only my Sonic.net username, not my real name, address, or telephone number.
by adame » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:50 pm
Customer privacy is a priority for us, and we would only reveal information like your name, address, or phone number if compelled to do so by a court order.

If you'd like to review our published privacy policy, you can do so here: https://wiki.sonic.net/wiki/Policy#Privacy
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
5 posts Page 1 of 1