Fusion speed

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by Jamie » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:31 am
Hi, I have Fusion internet service for more than 1 year now. In general I happy with the service. The only thing is where I am at in Daly City I can only get 4 mbs download speed. This is way off from what it said the service can offer upto 20 mbs. I am wondering if there's any thing that can be done to increase the bandwidth. I am just at a point needs higher speed that what I am getting. It is really only 20 % of the bandwidth I am getting now. Thanks for any suggestions.

Jamie
by dane » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:25 pm
With the Fusion service, it's uncapped and unlimited (no speed tiers), but the technology is limited by the physics of the wire itself, with distance (which causes attenuation; reduction in signal) being the primary limiter.

Support@sonic.net can tell you what your distance is (or, new customers can find their distance during prequal and sign-up), and you can see a chart of average speeds plotted over distance from the central office exchange here:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r269108 ... ance-chart

If your speed is typical for your distance, I'm afraid there won't be anything we can do.

If however your speed is very low for your loop distance, this could be an indication of a wiring fault which could be repaired. So, it's worth inquiring with support about your distance, and if it's far off the average, call them to inquire about further testing.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1