Availability to East bay, CA

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by Ian » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:53 pm
Hello,

I am looking for internet/voice service for my home located in Oakley, CA. I used the check availability tool and it said you don’t offer service but I wasn’t sure if its out of date since your coverage map shows all of northern California covered.

Please let me know

Thanks
Ian
by dane » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:28 pm
Fusion service is today available in most of the Greater Bay Area, but we have not got equipment deployed in the Pittsburg, Antioch, Oakly or Brentwood central office exchanges. If you're interested in service there, be sure to provide your email address for notification on the sales page, when it gives you the "sorry, no service there yet" result. We use these indications of interest to guide expansion.

As far as I know, we don't publish a coverage map - where did you see one?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Alex » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:17 pm
I'm guessing Ian found the coverage maps page.

LMi.net has "a map showing the location of many COs in the Bay Area" that appears to indicate where Fusion is available.
by Guest » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:47 pm
These maps do not have enough resolution. I can say for a fact that there are spots where there is no Fusion coverage but is filled with green. It would be safe to say that the LMi.net map could indicate if DSL is available but definitely not Fusion.
by dane » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:13 pm
Yup, those maps are just complete wire-center maps, not indicative of Fusion coverage. FlexLink business Ethernet products though are available throughout the mapped wire-center area.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by virtualmike » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:11 pm
The map shows the area north and east of Lake Merritt as not wired for DSL, but it's all covered by the Oakland Main CO on Franklin St. I know plenty of people in that area who have DSL.
by Michael Harper » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:44 am
Is there any plans to service the Discovery Bay/Byron area?
by leeep » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:20 pm
Michael Harper wrote:Is there any plans to service the Discovery Bay/Byron area?
Ditto.... with Brentwood being right next door, how much critical mass would be needed to pull fiber into Discovery Bay? Comcast and ATT have a stranglehold on the market here... :(
---
...on Sonic.net since 2011...
8 posts Page 1 of 1