Neighborhood utilities being undergrounded

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by kyle.depasquale » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:11 pm
I recently moved to a new house that I suspect will be in an area served by Sonic Fiber in the not-too-distant future. Fortunately, but unfortunately, it looks like the utilities are in the process of being undergrounded on my block over the next several months due to a large construction project across the street. Since Oakland doesn't have any ordinance that I'm aware of to put in additional conduit for utilities other than AT&T/Comcast, I'm wondering if there's anything I can do - before construction has started - to ensure Sonic would have the access they need to serve my block, if they do indeed come here soon. The developer of the large project across the street seems to be really willing to work with homeowners on my block with the upcoming work, so I'm hoping there's something we can do.
by steelgaze » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:11 pm
AFAIK, if those lines get undergrounded, you lose Sonic.

Sonic isn't paying to underground utlities.
by dane » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:31 pm
You might suggest to the developer that they include conduit for future communications companies to utilize.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1