Expansion into Central Valley?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by Ed T » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 pm
I live in Tracy, CA and my only real options are at&t and Verizon. I would love to be able to ditch the big guys and surf on a network that appreciates me. But as of right now, Sonic.net is not available in my remote corner of the Bay Area (emphasis mine).

Does anyone know if there an intention to expand Sonic.net into the Central Valley any time soon?
by dane » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:37 pm
No, you won't see Fusion in Tracy in 2013, sorry!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Kevin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:32 pm
Dane -

Any WAGS on this?

Thanks -
by Ed T. » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:49 am
I do periodically check this thread hoping to see a favorable update. With AT&T (slow and unreliable) and Comcast (expensive) as our only choices out here, I can't imagine that I am the only one who wants to see a viable alternative in Tracy and the surrounding communities.

What needs to happen for Sonic to consider expansion into the Central Valley?
by dane » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:57 pm
Ed T. wrote:What needs to happen for Sonic to consider expansion into the Central Valley?
Today we have roughly forty new Central Offices (aka COs, or "Local Serving Offices" or LSOs) under construction. We focus our expansion efforts on the locations we see the most expressions of interest via the Sonic.net website. Customers who do not qualify for service express interest by providing an email address to be kept informed, and we use this info to gauge demand in each specific LSO's serving area.

So as for what needs to happen: more interest needs to manifest. Today areas like Tri-Valley, Orange County etc all are being built, because we saw strong demand in those areas for service.

How to generate interest? Maybe post on Facebook or Twitter, and encourage folks to check us out and sign up or express interest in signing up.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Ed T. » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:05 am
Thank you for the update, sir.

I will definitely be sending out the word to all my Central Valley friends to hopefully spark the interest.
6 posts Page 1 of 1