Internet access for Belmont,CA 94002

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:09 am
Hi there, would there be fusion internet available in Belmont,CA 94002 area?

Thanks

Byron
by dane » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:44 am
Fusion service is available to most homes in the Greater Bay Area - you can check to see if your location is reachable here: http://fusion.sonic.net/
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:55 am
Thanks for your reply. I already did that by entering my address and zip code before I created this thread and it says that it's not available in my area. That's why I created this thread to see if the belmont area would be available in the future.
by dane » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:46 am
When you prequalify, it should give you the reason it's not available - if it's not yet deployed in your region, if you are too far away to be served, or if you are being a remote terminal, which precludes Fusion service. As virtually all Bay Area cities are now deployed (see exceptions below), I'd guess it's one of the other issues - likely behind a remote terminal, and thus unreachable. Sorry!

Bay Area cities not yet built include:
Verizon regions, Kenwood, Novato and Los Gatos
Tri-valley region, Pleasanton, San Ramon, Dublin

For more on remote terminals, and why we cannot easily reach customers beyond them, see:
http://corp.sonic.net/ceo/2011/09/02/am ... d-duopoly/

The long-term solution to this problem of uniform availability is Fiber-to-the-home, and we're working on that now in a number of regions. But, it's a long, long term and expensive set of projects.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:35 pm
Can't wait to see once Sonic is available in the tri valley area, so sick of the big giants and would love to try Sonic
5 posts Page 1 of 1