High Fiber Enthusiasm

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by korbendalis » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:42 pm
I am hoping that it may be possible to mimic the Residents of Kansas City in other parts of the country. If my neighborhood or city can show the same or similar level of enthusiasm for fiber, how many people would we need to get on board with a solid commitment to garner the act?

When Google announced the intent to give fiber to one city in the Union, I signed up on behalf of my city at the time (Santa Clara). I asked dozens of my neighbors to sign-up as well. Needless to say we didn't win the bid, but I have not given up.

I decided about a year ago to start blogging more seriously. If I can't as one person convince the world, at least I can write about it publicly.

http://gadgantis.blogspot.com/2012/10/c ... -city.html
by Guest » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:47 pm
I'd love to get this from Sonic. I'd want to avoid getting it from Google because of their disgusting privacy practices. Did you know if you privately email someone a url and they read it with gmail, Google search crawls it and it gets rewritten into a redirect in the person's browser, so it bounces through google if the person clicks the link? I don't even use google search any more if I can help it.
2 posts Page 1 of 1