Sebastopol Fiber update

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by dane » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:54 am
First 288 premise splitter cabinet in place in Sebastopol.

A couple months ago we completed backbone and distribution fiber, but didn't have the splitter cabinet in place to connect the two together. The first one of those went up today.

-Dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by paulbarwick » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:36 am
As someone who used to climb poles for a living (the cable company) I have to say that appears to be a huge piece of equipment. Can I assume that you hung it at the appropriate height so that the telco tech can stand on it while working in that junction box?
by deepnet » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:21 pm
Such a tease! :D
Devin Baskin
Owner
DeepNet Computer Consulting
IT For Your Business!
www.DeepNet.com
by dane » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:39 pm
paulbarwick wrote:As someone who used to climb poles for a living (the cable company) I have to say that appears to be a huge piece of equipment. Can I assume that you hung it at the appropriate height so that the telco tech can stand on it while working in that junction box?
Yup, it's on the premise side, where it belongs - but yes, it will get in everyone's way a bit. C'est la vie, as they say, it's gotta go somewhere, and there's a terminal on every pole.

-dane
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:03 pm
Looks like a Clearfield cab w/cassettes. We've used some of their gear here in NY and we are very happy with it.
by nicknick » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:57 am
mmmmm

fiber. :D
6 posts Page 1 of 1