Slow fusion speed using Netgear DM111PSP modem

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by Todd » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:15 pm
Hi Everybody,
So I'm using a Netgear ASDL2 modem (Model #DM111PSP v2) and lately it seems that I've been getting really slow speeds.
My set up is kinda screwy (I use the Netgear Modem when I'm directly using my PC) I then swap out my ethernet cable from my PC and plug it into my Airport (when I want to use my laptop and my PS3)
When I first got fusion I was having download speeds of up to 2.5 MB/s, however in the past 6 months the highest speed that I've seen is 1.54MB/s.
With this speed I have also noticed problems when trying to download an firmware update for my PS3 directly using my PS3 to download, as well as using my computer to download the firmware updates. When using my computer the downloads ALWAYS time out.
Any suggestions on how I can fix this? I live in a fairly residential neighborhood, with little network interference.
by dane » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:31 pm
You might want to opt into our Fusion modem rental program - this would get you a single ADSL2+ device, which is part of our trouble diagnosis system, which you could use for your wired and wireless devices.

You can get one here: http://sonic.net/solutions/home/interne ... /equipment
Dane Jasper
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1