After Fusion switch, final AT&T bill says XO Communications?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by Guest » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:22 pm
I switched to Fusion in January, using a wire pair and telephone number on which I'd previously had AT&T voice service and Sonic.net legacy ADSL. Both services changed over to Fusion as expected, and they are working now.

On the day after the cutover, I called the AT&T business office, and they confirmed that my service with them had already been disconnected. I received a final statement from AT&T a few weeks later, and a few weeks after that, a check for $8.36 arrived, refunding the unused partial month of voice service.

In the fine print on the last AT&T bill, though, I noticed this:

Based on a request, effective Jan 18, 2013, local service(s)
will be provided by XO Communications.
Please contact them directly at (888) 575-6398 for service-related concerns.

Is XO one of Sonic Telecom's suppliers? If not, is this an error that might cause problems later?
by virtualmike » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:10 am
Yes, XO provides the DID (direct inward dialing) portion of Fusion service. It's not a mistake.
by dane » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:43 pm
Guest wrote:Is XO one of Sonic Telecom's suppliers? If not, is this an error that might cause problems later?
Yes, as Mike notes - XO is a supplier to Sonic Telecom. They provide the "origination" portion of Fusion voice service today, that is the hand-off from local tandem switches to a carrier of record. They then hand the calls off to us for completion.

Outbound calling ("termination") goes through another set of supplier carriers.

As they say, "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain"; it's all behind the scenes stuff.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:43 pm
Thanks to you both for the replies.
4 posts Page 1 of 1