Fusion disappearing from part of SF?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by paul » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:31 am
I'm in the lower Nob Hill region of San Francisco... I've been interested in Fusion for a while, and I checked a few months ago, it was definitely available at my phone number and street address, though the distance from the CO was longer than optimal (maybe 5000 feet I don't remember).

I just tried again and it says it doesn't know about my phone number and there's no Fusion in my area.

Did Sonic coverage actually shrink in San Francisco? Is there a pony inside there somewhere (i.e. fiber)?

Thanks.

Paul
by adame » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:37 pm
Hi Paul,

Happy to hear you're interested in Fusion! Our Fusion coverage definitely hasn't shrunk, and if you're in San Francisco it should definitely be available to you. If you'd like to send me your address and phone number in an email to support@sonic.net, I can personally look into it.
Adam Martinetti
Customer Experience Manager
Sonic.
by paul » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:10 pm
Thanks, I spoke with one of your sales reps on the phone. He told me that the Fusion availability checking tool accesses some kind of remote AT&T database which is down sometimes, and reports all queries as not having service available when that happens. I tried again the next day and it worked, so I can get Fusion service. So I'll place the order soon.
3 posts Page 1 of 1