How to order Fusion in Capitola, Cruzio has no ETA.

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by Neil » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:17 pm
Dane and team,

I am moving soon and I would like to switch to fusion from my current very expensive speakeasy (er Megapath) service.

I spoke on the phone with a very nice lady in your support team who informed me that all new orders are to go through cruzio (I sure hope they will support Annex-M).

When I called Cruzio and asked about Fusion I was told that the companies are talking but that they have no ETA of when the deal will be finished or when they can start providing service. They did however take my email address and say they will contact me when service is available. (Note: I had provided email to sonic.net almost a 1yr ago asking to be notified)

Is the information that cruzio has no ETA correct? Or is there a person I should speak too how might have better information?

If Cruzio is really not ready (or won’t be ready by Aug5th 20110) can I order directly from Sonic?

note:
My current speakeasy service is a NON-line shared service. I have not had a land line since the early nineties although I did have IP phone service from a business called voicenet before they retreated to their local area due to the failure of the FCC to stick to its guns on the CLEC issues.

I look forward to your response!

-Neil
by Peggy » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:59 pm
I'm Peggy Dolgenos, co-CEO of Cruzio Internet

Cruzio will be offering Fusion service (although Cruzio's name for the product will
be Velocity) in Santa Cruz County soon, working with our longtime DSL partner
Sonic.net.

We don't yet have a firm ETA. We're still working through all the contractual and
regulatory details. (Because it includes telephone service, Velocity has a lot of
compliance issues.)

We're working hard to get everything done and are planning to be selling Velocity
by fall. If you are interested, please let us know: email office@cruzio.com and we'll
put you on the list.

In the meantime, Cruzio does have extremely high-speed Internet available in our
new colocation facilities in downtown Santa Cruz. We also offer wireless service
which can go up to 300 Mbps in many locations around the Bay Area. Please do
check us out!

http://www.cruzio.com
2 posts Page 1 of 1