Fusion woes

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by aerith » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:58 pm
This was posted on DSLReports, but I want to see if I can get help here.

I am formerly was having Fusion woes.

I wanted Fusion service again in my house, but all AT&T lines were disconnected.

I formerly had Fusion in the past (it was bonded Fusion, username aerith with sonic), and got around 6 Mbit on one line (the other line did not work), and that was why I canceled.

I then went with VRAD Uverse, then canceled that due to caps, so thus all AT&T services were discontinued, and my cable pair was given up (this will be important later on in this topic).

I then moved to a new house, because someone else wanted to rent that house, but they don't require a 20+ Mbit connection, but wanted something faster than 2+ Mbit.

I then went back with Fusion (username digimon with sonic), but I then lost that cable pair, and my speeds went down to 1.5 Mbit, because of some reason, SBC (the house was built 15 years ago) decided to lay down more than one cable path to the house, but Sonic.net discovered there is a shorter loop (thus, as you saw above, that is why I got 6 Mbit on one line).

Sonic.net said they couldn't get AT&T to switch to that shorter cable pair, thus I canceled service.

I thought then, I will then get AT&T service, and try to get line shared DSL, directly from AT&T, so I can get back that shorter loop, since Sonic.net can't change a cable pair AT&T offers them.

I ordered the AT&T phone service, then I ordered the AT&T line shared DSL directly from AT&T, but the problem was they could not process my order as AT&T line shared DSL, so AT&T put me on Uverse IPDSLAM ADSL2+ service (not the VRAD service), and I requested at 6 Mbit, so then I can call a truckroll, to go on to the shorter cable pair.

At this point, now, after I verify I can get 6 Mbit, I want to switch back to Fusion, but I am scared that I will lose, what will now be, the shorter cable pair.

What can I do, after I verify that I get 6 Mbit from AT&T UVerse IPDSLAM ADSL2+, that I will get approximately that same speed for Fusion, do I go with Sonic.net DSL legacy services, then go to Fusion?

Can an employee from Sonic.net help me out with this?

Thanks.
by virtualmike » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:32 pm
You may want to contact Sonic.net support directly on this issue.
2 posts Page 1 of 1