RDP Access

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by Play9848 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:57 am
We just moved over to Sonic.net for broadband service and prior to the move RDP access to my servers was working fine. I plugged in the new public ip address' I received from Sonic but now I am unable to access my servers from outside our LAN. Is there something on the Sonic.net router I need to configure to allow this to work?
by dane » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:02 am
Play9848 wrote:We just moved over to Sonic.net for broadband service and prior to the move RDP access to my servers was working fine. I plugged in the new public ip address' I received from Sonic but now I am unable to access my servers from outside our LAN. Is there something on the Sonic.net router I need to configure to allow this to work?
If you can clarify your configuration a bit, folks may be able to give you some tips. Are the servers on your Fusion connection, and what sort of router have we supplied you? (Dual line Fusion is different than Single line.) Do you have one or more static IPs with your circuit? How are you managing LAN side IP addressing?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Play9848 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:24 am
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm not sure about the "Fusion Connection" but I can tell you that the router supplied is a Pace 4111N. According to my paper work I have a useable range ip address' from .216-.223 with my gateway set to .1 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0. I have a Sonicwall TZ190 firewall between the router and my network. I changed the TZ190 WAN IP address to .216. The TZ190 is also handling all the NAT policies for my network (I'm using all but one of my available public address'). I guess what I'm asking is to just have the router pass all traffic to my TZ190. Let me know if you need more info and thanks again!!!
by dane » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:32 am
With the Sonicwall behind the Pace unit, using multiple static IPs, I'd believe you'd need to put the Pace into "bridge" mode. This precludes our ability to manage and troubleshoot it remotely with you, but I think that's the only way to do it. My guess is that if things are working, this is how you've set it up? And now the issue is just that RDP seems to be getting blocked?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Play9849 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:14 pm
"Bridge Mode"... That's what I'm looking for. How can I confirm that the Pace is set up in Bridge Mode? If it's not, then what do I need to do to configure it this way? Thanks again!!!
by dane » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:22 pm
Dane Jasper
Sonic
6 posts Page 1 of 1