Fusion through AT&T slower than what line can handle

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by kyle.depasquale » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:01 pm
I've had Fusion IP Broadband for a while now, but it is capped at ~50mbps, as this is the highest speed AT&T will sell for my location. The VRAD is literally just outside of my apartment, less than 100 feet, and when you look at the sync stats on my modem, the line is actually syncing at nearly ~93mbps. Is there any way to get AT&T to uncap (or at least raise) the capped sync rate to allow for higher speeds, since it seems the line will clearly allow for it?

Attached is a picture of the actual line stats I am seeing on my end.

Thanks!
Kyle

Attachments

by kyle.depasquale » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:42 am
Bumping this because I'm in a similar situation in my new home - I have FTTNx2 service, and each line is syncing at ~97mbps, but I'm capped at 75mbps for my connection. Interestingly, if I look at the service available at my old home, 75mbps service is now showing as available, after years of only 50 mbps being the only option - so *something* changed on ATT's end to allow for faster service.

I think ATT offers a 100mbps FTTN tier, if the information on their website here is still accurate - it would be awesome if I could upgrade to this, since my line seems capable of it, until fiber is available in my neighborhood.

Attachments

by anthony.n » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:23 pm
AT&T is only allowing us to place orders of up to 75Mbps on their FTTN service at this time. AT&T has been expanding their fiber to the home infrastructure and allowing us access on their network. Hopefully we can offer faster speeds in the future either through AT&T or our own fiber service. You can always look for available upgrades at members.sonic.net or checking https://www.sonic.com/availability.
3 posts Page 1 of 1