DSL Modem

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by Henry » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:53 pm
I was trying order the DSL 3M yesterday. The web site requires me to rent the DSL modem. But I am a current AT&T DSL customer. Do I have to rent the DSL modem even I have my own one?

Thanks,
Henry
by wa2ibm » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:15 pm
If you're a current AT&T DSL customer and are switching over to Sonic DSL, then you will be a new Sonic customer and then yes, their current process is to supply you with a new rental modem. That modem has features and specialized firmware to make supporting your service easier and faster. The features allow Sonic support to do remote testing and configuration changes to get you up and running faster and repair your service should problems occur.

Bill
by Henry » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:54 pm
wa2ibm wrote:If you're a current AT&T DSL customer and are switching over to Sonic DSL, then you will be a new Sonic customer and then yes, their current process is to supply you with a new rental modem. That modem has features and specialized firmware to make supporting your service easier and faster. The features allow Sonic support to do remote testing and configuration changes to get you up and running faster and repair your service should problems occur.

Bill
Thanks for the information. I think they should allow customer to use their own modem.
Henry
3 posts Page 1 of 1