AT&T just told me that they own Sonic

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by kcwyman » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:23 am
They said they own sonic and that my price will be going up soon, is this true?
by dane » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:59 am
LOL.

No. They’re either confused, or trying to scam you into switching to them.

I’d be curious to hear if it’s the latter, as in, were they telling you this in the context of trying to push their own service?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by kcwyman » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:04 am
I had a tech here to fix my directv service and they two additional people arrived.. and told me that sonic was owned by them and will be integrating to att soon and my price would go up..
by dane » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:14 am
...and you should sign up with them directly today..?

Sneaky lies, if so!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by kcwyman » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:15 am
If It wasn't for The NFL package i would drop them immediately..
by dane » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:19 am
Yup, makes sense.

But did they try to sell you internet access, while claiming that they own Sonic and that your price for our service was going to go up??
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by kcwyman » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:27 am
yes, that is exactly what they were trying to do.. in fact I told them I was put off by a sales call yesterday that I got from them asking if I wanted to change my internet service over..

they then said, well - we own Sonic! they use our fiber and something about gigibyte limits. ,.. I said , i love sonic , and I don't think I have limits on my amount I use.. They said Sonic is now going over to ATT control and you will be seeing an announcement on your upcoming statements and that I will be paying more .. But IF I bundle Att with Directv it will save me..
by dane » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:00 pm
Would you be willing to write up that experience for us? We’d be interested in filing a complaint.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
8 posts Page 1 of 1