Eero with AT&T-provided fiber?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by espier » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:56 pm
Hi, folks! I have a friend about to move to a new house in my Oakland neighborhood and he's asked for help evaluating his internet access options. While neither of us (yet!) have access to true Sonic fiber, the website tool offered him Sonic-branded access on AT&T's infrastructure.

Knowing that Sonic Fiber is being built out in the area, I have two questions:

1. What happens when Sonic's own fiber goes hot in the neighborhood? Will my friend get moved over to Sonic's infrastructure automatically or will that be a process he will have to initiate?
2. Can he get the eero package with the AT&T offering or it exclusive to Sonic fiber only? I think a standard router/AP may not cut it in his home, but I'd like to prevent him from purchasing a bunch of extra equipment if he'll just upgrade to eero when the Sonic fiber goes live.

Thanks!
by Larns576 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:14 pm
Once Sonic fiber arrives, members will receive a notification to migrate and setup the fiber drop/install. Dane says not to create a new preorder as your existing membership is a preorder.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9442

You should be able to add on a Eero package, check under member tools after your Sonic ATT fiber is setup. You'll have to add the Eero after ATTs gateway. ATT's gateway is required for authentication and can not be removed.
by espier » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:46 pm
Great, thank you! I've passed the info along.
3 posts Page 1 of 1