Sonic fiber in San Francisco

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1909 posts Page 186 of 191
by curious1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:01 pm
Hello Sonic,

What's the fiber outlook for Cole Valley in SF, in particular along Carl Street in that area?
by atse91 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:54 pm
Hi everyone, jumping back on an older topic here-

I've been regularly checking fiber availability in my neighborhood (outer mission, 94112) and the Upgrade Service function in the member tools is showing that Sonic Gigabit will be available in October 2018. Anyone have any hints if everything still on track for delivery?

Thanks!
by dane » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:13 pm
Sorry, we don’t have any additional info available at this time.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by joeyyung911 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:28 pm
atse91 wrote:Hi everyone, jumping back on an older topic here-

I've been regularly checking fiber availability in my neighborhood (outer mission, 94112) and the Upgrade Service function in the member tools is showing that Sonic Gigabit will be available in October 2018. Anyone have any hints if everything still on track for delivery?

Thanks!
Delayed until Dec, not holding my breath though.
Excelsior, Sonic Fiber
by Larns576 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:55 pm
joeyyung911 wrote: Delayed until Dec, not holding my breath though.
Dec for me too, but I think (hope) Feb realistically.
by jrod » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:16 pm
They strung fiber up Seneca a few days ago. Hoping to board the fiber train soon! :)
by Missionhoa » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:22 am
Checking status on fiber, I brought 4 residential units and 1 commercial unit plus my own unit to Sonic with the expectation of fiber within a year. Well it’s a bit over 1.5 years and nothing. We’re on Mission between Ocean and Geneva. Anytime in the near future?

Thanks, Corey
by larns576 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:06 pm
You were able to preorder Sonic fiber? As far as I can tell, I dont see any utility poles on Mission St, between Geneva/Ocean, that allows for Sonic fiber deployment. So my best guess is Sonic fiber isnt coming. I'm not sure how you were able to preorder it. Perhaps you should give them a call to see what services are available.
by Allen » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:11 pm
Yes, they hung notices all over the block about pre-ordering...in July. Currently extremely dissatisfied with how this pre-order business is going.
by Larns576 » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:15 pm
If you already preordered, they should have sent you an email detailing when they expect to finish construction. If you haven't been getting updates, call them for one.

If you haven't preordered, go to http://www.sonic.net, click check availability, and enter your address to see what service options are available.

Just having received a door tag doesn't mean your address will get fiber. Stuff happens / plans change / maybe the flyer guy was on the wrong block.

TLDR: Check the availability page.
1909 posts Page 186 of 191