Sonic fiber in San Francisco

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1909 posts Page 6 of 191
by bbusby » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:11 am
I am inside the pilot program area and would be happy to attend. Is it a particular cabinet placement that was the cause of the objection or just more cabinets in general?
by dane » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:39 am
bbusby wrote:I am inside the pilot program area and would be happy to attend. Is it a particular cabinet placement that was the cause of the objection or just more cabinets in general?
The particular cabinet placement, to serve this initial pilot area of 2,000 homes.

I will post in the next few days the hearing details, hopefully you can attend!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by bbusby » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:39 am
Good Lord, is this the one for which there was a notice posted on a phone pole around Lawton & 19th about a year ago? That would be Longfellow's "Retribution" in spades!
by dane » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:05 pm
bbusby wrote:Good Lord, is this the one for which there was a notice posted on a phone pole around Lawton & 19th about a year ago? That would be Longfellow's "Retribution" in spades!
Yes, afraid so.

If you live in the area, do plan to attend the hearing! I will post details shortly.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Guest » Fri May 03, 2013 9:03 am
What is the coverage area for the pilot?
by Anon E Mouse » Mon May 06, 2013 11:43 am
What's the neighborhood for the pilot? Hopefully it's the Mission/Noe area where us silicon valley types live :)
by dane » Mon May 06, 2013 11:49 am
Anon E Mouse wrote:What's the neighborhood for the pilot? Hopefully it's the Mission/Noe area where us silicon valley types live :)
The proposed pilot area is in the Outer Sunset. Sorry!

If we are successful there with gaining city approval and customer uptake, we will consider other neighborhoods.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Mon May 06, 2013 3:57 pm
Heads up, the hearing on this is on Weds AM. Here's the letter we sent out to nearby customers with details:

https://twitter.com/dane/status/3315411 ... 44/photo/1

Folks can make comment via email, or by attending.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by bbusby » Mon May 06, 2013 4:48 pm
Just saw this. Is there any documentary backup that you could email so that a cogent response might be filed? I just saw your posting today and am on the road but will efile prior to the 1700h SF local filing deadline tomorrow. If those docs are already public (dpw does not make doc search easy), you might consider centrally posting them.

Best regards,
by mszaro » Tue May 07, 2013 5:50 pm
dane wrote:Heads up, the hearing on this is on Weds AM. Here's the letter we sent out to nearby customers with details:
https://twitter.com/dane/status/3315411 ... 44/photo/1
Folks can make comment via email, or by attending.
I live in Soma, but would still like to express support as gigabit internet city-wide would be fantastic. What was the mailing address to send them a letter?
1909 posts Page 6 of 191