Sonic fiber in San Francisco

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1909 posts Page 181 of 191
by randyw » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:53 pm
tabacco wrote:
dane wrote:We are finalizing engineering for East/West streets in the Sunset and Richmond, so we will know soon if we can reach you!
Yesssssssssss
Yesss (and presuming there will be some branches for the missing N/S streets -- like 6th)
by czardmitri » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:11 pm
And hopefully those served from the rear! The rear lines are fed from East/West streets.
by csaguisag » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:34 pm
jamezchan wrote:Any updates on fiber in SF? I live in the Visitacion Valley area and would love to be able to have fiber. Thanks.
Almost 5 years later, and I'd like an update on Visitacion Valley/fiber. Thanks.
by sfdj » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:52 pm
Does the comment about East/West streets in the Sunset include Lincoln Way or is that a lost cause forever because of the buried wires?
by cdrayson » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:27 pm
They can't do anything about areas with underground utilities until micro trenching is allowed. Call your supervisor.
by bbb » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:58 pm
Will there be any notification from Sonic if/when fiber becomes newly available for our block (Rivera W of 19th) (push)? Or do we have to keep checking the availability (pull)? It would be nice to sign up to be notified, are to have that just happen since we are already Sonic customers.
by miken » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:21 am
bbb wrote:Will there be any notification from Sonic if/when fiber becomes newly available for our block (Rivera W of 19th) (push)? Or do we have to keep checking the availability (pull)? It would be nice to sign up to be notified, are to have that just happen since we are already Sonic customers.
If you have Sonic service you'll be notified once we are ready to begin installing in your area.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by simx » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:21 pm
Any updates on the [redacted]?
by jondemshar » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:11 pm
After patiently waiting for about a year since seeing fiber installed on the N/S streets, Sonic Fiber is finally installed in my house on Irving Street, and it's glorious. I have been on the wait list but actually what triggered me to call was a promo flyer that landed in my mailbox saying fiber had arrived. I pre-ordered that day, was told it could take a month or more before scheduling, but then I was invited to schedule after about two weeks.

The install went well except one loose connection outside, which another tech who came back later the same day resolved and my speeds, latency and reliability have been top notch since.
by morepete » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:20 am
Are any supervisors even debating allowing micro-trenching, Dane? I found the staff of London Breed totally unwilling to even engage on the subject. It just doesn't seem like it's on their radar, even though all of the work happening on Irving and the vicinity seems like a great time to do microtrenching on 6th Avenue and east...
1909 posts Page 181 of 191