Sonic fiber in San Francisco

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1904 posts Page 191 of 191
by Tee » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:12 pm
Is West View Ave, cross-street Cambridge, (94134) expected to receive fiber within the next year or two? I've been hearing great things about it but haven't heard anything about coming to the area.
by simx » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:57 pm
Larns576 wrote:
There was someone (in this thread or one of the other S.F. threads)that got their pole reinforced by contacting CPUC. Guess it depends on who you reach there.

Looks like I got a good contact at the CPUC, he’s even willing to come out and take a look at the pole!

However I don’t know which pole is the overloaded pole in question. :( My address is [redacted]. Dane was the one who told me there was an overloaded pole, but he’s not responding on Twitter DMs, and Sonic support doesn’t seem to know.

Can anybody here help me identify which pole is preventing fiber access to my house?
by svensson » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:06 pm
randyw wrote:
tabacco wrote:
dane wrote:
We are finalizing engineering for East/West streets in the Sunset and Richmond, so we will know soon if we can reach you!

Yesssssssssss

Yesss (and presuming there will be some branches for the missing N/S streets -- like 6th)

It's been two years now, and California St around 6th Ave did get fiber service, which is great. But no branch up 6th Ave as hoped (the other avenues have it already, but 6th had an underground segment around Geary which apparently made it difficult). Is there any hope or progress on that? We've had Sonic for many years now, but DSL is getting a little frustrating.

Or is my best bet to pull an ethernet wire across the backyard from 7th Ave?
by mbeards » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:47 pm
dane wrote:
Both. Not yet engineered, but also some potential pole issues. There is at least one bad pole that could create a hole, on the East side of Stanyan just South of Carl St. There's another one on the North side of Parnasus, about 40' East of Stanyan which could create coverage issues in the area.

But until and unless complete survey and engineering work is done in the area, we won't really know - it's possible those two poles have already been reinforced!

PG&E was working along Stanyan between Frederick and Parnassus earlier this week. It looks like they replaced the pole on the East side of Stanyan south of Carl St. I can't tell if they did anything on Parnassus.

Hopefully the work they did is enough to unblock fiber here sometime soon!
1904 posts Page 191 of 191