Sonic fiber in San Francisco

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1909 posts Page 171 of 191
by PHNFong » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:37 pm
Hi Dane:
I wrote you last on March 1, 2017. I was informed that there is a telephone pole in the middle of the 2500 block of 25th Avenue that is bad "Over loaded" causing trouble for fiber to be installed and continue to the next block, the 2600 block. My neighbors and I did some research by calling the SF Board of Supervisors and P.G. & E. P.G. & E. got back to us and told us that they looked into the situation but did not find their telephone pole to be bad and needs to be replaced. The gigabyte service is not available from house no 2551 through the end of 2600 on 25th Avenue. This is the only 1.5 block that gigabyte service is not available at present. The blocks from 19th Avenue through 26th Avenue all have the service available.
My neighbors and I are still waiting for the availability of gigabyte service so we can get rid of Xfinity.
Thank you.
by pockyken007 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:21 pm
PHNFong wrote:Hi Dane:
I wrote you last on March 1, 2017. I was informed that there is a telephone pole in the middle of the 2500 block of 25th Avenue that is bad "Over loaded" causing trouble for fiber to be installed and continue to the next block, the 2600 block. My neighbors and I did some research by calling the SF Board of Supervisors and P.G. & E. P.G. & E. got back to us and told us that they looked into the situation but did not find their telephone pole to be bad and needs to be replaced. The gigabyte service is not available from house no 2551 through the end of 2600 on 25th Avenue. This is the only 1.5 block that gigabyte service is not available at present. The blocks from 19th Avenue through 26th Avenue all have the service available.
My neighbors and I are still waiting for the availability of gigabyte service so we can get rid of Xfinity.
Thank you.

can you take pictures of the pole and upload them ?
by dane » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:37 am
PHNFong wrote:Hi Dane:
Thank you.
The failed pole is located across the street from 2585 25th ave. Here are the details: Pole 4075 fails horizontal load @ 2.475 without Sonic proposed attachment. The current safety factor on the pole is too low for us to attach to it (need 2.67). With Sonic facilities attached to pole safety factor drops down to 2.259. This pole is failed by Power.

We have staged adequate capacity North of the failed pole, so that if and when it is reinforced or replaced, we will have the opportunity to extend our reach at a later date.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by simx » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:40 pm
Should we expect more areas of those generated maps to be covered as more areas get approved permits, or do those maps represent the maximum extent where fiber would be available in those neighborhoods?
by dane » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:53 pm
simx wrote:Should we expect more areas of those generated maps to be covered as more areas get approved permits, or do those maps represent the maximum extent where fiber would be available in those neighborhoods?
If you are referring to the maps which were generated from our temporary encroachment permits, they're a very rough approximation of work in progress, and are not accurate.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by sman » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:18 am
Hi all,
Currently using Fusion Broadband - X1, Data $40.00 Voice $10.00 (which i never use !!) + Modem Equipment Rental Fee $9.5 + some misc fee total ~$72/ month,
Just saw in my internet update options
Fusion Fiber
1000 Mbps
Upgrade
Voice Numbers: 1
Monthly cost: $50.00
Additional fees:
RG Rental: $9.50

so what is the total for the upgrade: and will it be much faster with 1000Mbps ?
by amayfield » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:26 am
Fiber will be considerably faster than your current service. Missing from your price breakdown for Fiber are the taxes which in San Francisco are about $13 / month.
Andrew M.
Community & Escalations Manager
Sonic
by dane » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:59 pm
The cost of fiber is the same as your current copper service, so you should certainly switch!

It is much much faster, about 20x the speed download, and over 100x as fast on upload.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Anye » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:17 pm
Is the DSL line suppose to be very slow? I switched to Sonic and now I feel regret because I switched to Sonic. I got 2.74 mbps download, 0.85 mbps upload and 30 ping even worst than AT&T lol (3.29 mbps upload, 0.7 mbps upload and 24 ping)
by Anye » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:21 pm
Is the plan 50/month suppose to be 20mbps download because I got 2.74 mbps download rip
1909 posts Page 171 of 191