Sonic fiber in San Francisco

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1909 posts Page 167 of 191
by sonicxman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:12 am
m.harmon wrote:@sonicxman

The first part of the upgrade page you see confirms your service and which service you want to upgrade. Choose which service you want to upgrade, in your case its only "Fusion X1 up to 20 Mbps" then click next and it will take you through the upgrade process.

You can also give our Sales team a call 1-888-766-4233.

But I'm currently have 40Mbps X1, how can a "Fusion X1 up to 20 Mbps" be an upgrade ???
does all sonic customer will be upgrade to 1000Mbps fiber automatically or we have to do something ? and how much more will it cost/months ? Thanks
by danm » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:17 pm
pockyken007 wrote:LoL like I said in my previous posts I believe Mission / Castro are next in the build out ... just saying ;)
Wait, no, come back to finish the Inner Richmond! ;)

I was told by Sonic support on Twitter that the reason my neighbor across the street was able to get fiber, and I can't was because a pole serving my building was a. "End cap" - not sure what that means ... people on 8th ave north of California can get service, and 8th ave south of California as well. How is that an end cap? Maybe @dane would know?

Sorry, still just frustrated that my apartment isn't 300 feet West of its current location.
by Trdsw » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:56 pm
We received door hangers to sign up for fiber on 30th Ave between Lincoln way and Irving. This block has back lot Service. We're they distributed by mistake or has something changed and will we be on fiber soon?
by dane » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:27 pm
Trdsw wrote:We received door hangers to sign up for fiber on 30th Ave between Lincoln way and Irving. This block has back lot Service. We're they distributed by mistake or has something changed and will we be on fiber soon?
Check your address on the website? Let us know either way, if door hangar vendor is visiting wrong addresses, that'd be good to know!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Trdsw » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:56 pm
I forgot to add that the website only lists DSL as an option for our address. Have there been any changes on the micro trenching topic?
by dane » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:15 pm
Trdsw wrote:I forgot to add that the website only lists DSL as an option for our address. Have there been any changes on the micro trenching topic?
Sorry about the marketing misfire, I will look into that.

Board of Supervisors has a microtrenching ordinance in the works. Needs some changes, but we are working well with the author at this point and I am hopeful.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by CraigH » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:09 pm
We have also received door hangers advertising to sign up for Sonic Fiber as well (6th Ave between Calif. and Lake) ....This was done near the beginning of 2017. We have been told that completing the fiber run north of Geary on 6th Ave is a problem due to the underground conduit going under Geary Blvd. Trying to find out if there has been any update on streets like mine? Please help us out!!!

Thanks
by steelgaze » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:12 am
Sonic might be able to get something pushed though while this project is going on.
Otherwise they will probably not be able to get stuff undergrounded when it related to geary.

https://www.sfmta.com/projects-planning ... id-transit
by xou » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:09 pm
Hi Dane,

Is Sonic Gigabit Fiber coming to Outer Richmond District ( La Playa Street, specifically)? I use the search tool on sonic website and only see FTTN available... Wish it's available here soon. Do you have any updates?

Thanks
by pockyken007 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:55 pm
xou wrote:Hi Dane,

Is Sonic Gigabit Fiber coming to Outer Richmond District ( La Playa Street, specifically)? I use the search tool on sonic website and only see FTTN available... Wish it's available here soon. Do you have any updates?

Thanks

From google maps it looks like La Playa has overhead wiring and telco poles ... so you have a chance of getting it , if it's within sonic build out
1909 posts Page 167 of 191