Sonic fiber in San Francisco

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1909 posts Page 166 of 191
by dane » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:17 am
The website is tied directly into the plant GIS management system, so availability information and dates there are the most accurate information available. Things do change from time to time, as we engineering and build sections; field conditions sometimes result in changes. And, we've got areas that are more challenging due to physical access or economic viability that we've left for later - as uptake overall increases, these areas may become viable. This includes many East/West street-served premises, some back-of-lot pole lines, and areas isolated by undergrounded segments.

Everything we have done and will achieve in future is success-based, so please do help by spreading the word about Sonic service, and our fiber efforts. The greater the uptake of Sonic in general, the more locations and situations will be reachable.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by danm » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:07 pm
I just keep putting my California St address in the lookup tool in hopes that if they see it every day, it'll subliminally steer them to my street. :D
by pockyken007 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:19 pm
danm wrote:I just keep putting my California St address in the lookup tool in hopes that if they see it every day, it'll subliminally steer them to my street. :D
lol well played :P
by lrorvig » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:45 pm
I'm officially excited: Trucks ran fiber today next to my building at 25th St/Osage St. in the Mission. Dane, what happens next, generally?
by steelgaze » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:19 am
lrorvig wrote:I'm officially excited: Trucks ran fiber today next to my building at 25th St/Osage St. in the Mission. Dane, what happens next, generally?
You probably got another month or two's wait. That's the initial run of backbone. Depends on when the crews from Sunset will wrap up and be put to work on splicing cable in the Mission; If it is indeed sonic fiber trucks.

If you can see the bright orange band ont he cable, what company does it say it is?
by parker_day » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:42 am
lrorvig wrote:I'm officially excited: Trucks ran fiber today next to my building at 25th St/Osage St. in the Mission. Dane, what happens next, generally?
Sonic was stringing fiber in the Mission? That would be interesting.
by pockyken007 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:25 pm
LoL like I said in my previous posts I believe Mission / Castro are next in the build out ... just saying ;)
by SForever » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:03 am
As a long time SF Sonic customer but recent victim of outrageous AT$T line maintenance incompetence, I'm beyond desperate for Sonic fiber. Dane, you're wrapping up installation in the inner Sunset within sight of my Forest Hill house -- cruel tease. When in adjacent Forest Hill neighborhood (94116)?
by sonicxman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:00 am
Hi all,
I'm a current Sonic customer , Fusion Broadband - X1,
Yesterday when i use the address to check Availableity , "it say our internet speed:1000 Mbps"

then when I go back to "Upgrade or Downgrade Service" under member tools , it show only "Fusion X1
up to 20 Mbps", ???

How do people upgrade and does it cost the same as current Fusion Broadband - X1 ?

Thanks
by m.harmon » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:16 am
@sonicxman

The first part of the upgrade page you see confirms your service and which service you want to upgrade. Choose which service you want to upgrade, in your case its only "Fusion X1 up to 20 Mbps" then click next and it will take you through the upgrade process.

You can also give our Sales team a call 1-888-766-4233.
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
1909 posts Page 166 of 191