Any IPv6 on Gigabit Fiber news?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
41 posts Page 1 of 5
by aanon4 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:49 am
Apologies for starting a new topic, but I couldn't find any current IPv6 discussions - the last news was 12 months or so ago.

So ... basically ... is there any news on native IPv6 for fiber?

Thanks
by aanon4 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:56 am
@dane ... because maybe he knows?
by dseven » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:14 pm
"following" (i.e. I'd like to know too)
by cmeisel » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:55 pm
by aanon4 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:59 pm
Had a read, but apart from "coming soon" last October, and that I could use a tunnel (I do sometimes use a tunnel), I was hoping for an update on native ipv6.
by paulcoldren » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:23 pm
I've been on-and-off using Sonic's 6RD tunnel, but I always end up with intermittent, subtle latency and jitter issues (esp. with things like Google Meet) that I don't have with native IPv4, so I eventually turn the tunnel off.

I'm anxiously awaiting native IPv6 (preferably with prefix delegation of at least a /60, ideally a /56) so I can stop messing around with tunnels.

IPv6 is a hard requirement for my job; we use it extensively in our software product and I need to be able to test it.

I'm happy to help with any testing, beta, or trial implementations available. I have my own router.
by tigertech » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:43 am
paulcoldren wrote:I've been on-and-off using Sonic's 6RD tunnel, but I always end up with intermittent, subtle latency and jitter issues (esp. with things like Google Meet) that I don't have with native IPv4, so I eventually turn the tunnel off.
Me too. the tunnels mostly work, but then I occasionally find a site or service has connectivity problems that are difficult to diagnose, and turning off the 6RD tunnel -- or switching to a tunnelbroker.net IPv6 tunnel instead of the Sonic one -- magically fixes it.
paulcoldren wrote:IPv6 is a hard requirement for my job; we use it extensively in our software product and I need to be able to test it.
Same here. What brought me back to this post today is that the Sonic tunnel fails on a site I need to test for work this morning. It's pretty frustrating.

Native IPv6, please!
by parker_day » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:51 am
It's also a bit frustrating that the Sonic-sold AT&T fiber product has native IPV6, but Sonic's own product still does not.
by aanon4 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:38 pm
Only a few more days until @dane said "no IPv6 yet on fiber. It's coming." ... two years ago :(
by ianmcf » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:50 pm
There seem to be posts going back to at least 2011 saying that IPV6 was coming soon... Can someone from Sonic please let us know a real timeline and some real milestones?
41 posts Page 1 of 5